Here are some excerpts from Dr Donnica Moore's "fast facts" about Ovarian Cancer, the silent killer.
- Ovarian cancer occurs in 1 in 55 women, at any age, but usually over age 50.
- Approximately 25,000 women are diagnosed with ovarian cancer each year (American Cancer Society).
- Ovarian cancer is the 5th leading cause of cancer death among U.S. women.
- The American Cancer Society estimates that 14,500 women will die from ovarian cancer.
- Ovarian cancer has the highest mortality rate of all gynecologic cancers.
- 3 out of 4 women with ovarian cancer (75%) are diagnosed after the disease has reached an advanced stage (stage III or IV) because the symptoms of ovarian cancer are vague or “silent”.
Read the complete fast facts here:
- Dr. Donnica: Fast Facts about Ovarian Cancer