My mom is still in the hospital. Unfortunately, they were not successful in identifying any large enough pockets of fluid to drain. So there will be some discomfort there and if and when there are larger pockets then they will deal with that.
It appears that my mother has developed a mild pneumonia. She's comfortable, but they need to determine what to give her for treatment. She doesn't have any symptoms and isn't having any problems breathing, which is a relief. She'll be in the hopsital for another day or so.
Also, her CA-125 scores are very high (2100) indicating that the chemotherapy is not working. So my parents have decided not to continue with her chemotherapy treatment. This is the situation we faced down a few months ago. To stop fighting cancer is not exactly giving up, but it is perhaps agreeing to disagree with the grim reaper. There is an inevitability to this that is hard to face.
They are not yet putting her in hospice, but that will come at some point.