Mary Urlocker - Rest in Peace



There's still a few last minute preparations for the funeral and reception that we've been working on today.  We had a head start early in the week, but now time is running out and some things are still not finalized.  It will all come together, but it's the kind of last minute stress that puts you over the edge given the circumstances.  I was cursing in the car on the way to the funeral home today after 30 minutes in heavy traffic, but it was just the stress getting to me. 

The rest of the family has arrived now.  My brother Mike returned yesterday with his wife and two girls.  Karen's husband and her two girls came in yesterday.  And today My brother Shawn arrived today with his wife and two of his kids.  With Tim's two boys we now have a house full of kids and they are enjoying playing together by the pool.  When we were kids, visiting with our cousins was always tremendous fun.  It's nice to see that happening with the next generation.  But we don't get together as much as we should and that's a shame.  As my brother Mike put it "weddings and funerals."

My wife ordered some  plastic bracelets for the kids to remember my mother.  They are teal colored, to signify ovarian cancer, and they can add small buttons you can add representing different aspects of my mother's life, a golf ball, a shamrock, a maple leaf, a nurse's cross etc.  It was a nice project for the kids.


Stacy Able

Dear Urlocker Family,
I am saddened to hear about about your mom's passing and leave our earth. I know she is now with the our Lord Jesus and is in a wonderful place and that gives somekind of ease to the emtpyness that is left to all who remain on earth. You all are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time and I am so happy that I had the opportunity to meet your mom and to know Tim.
Thank you for sharing the wonderful website. It has been a real honor to be able to read it.

God Bless you all
Stacy Able

Harry and Anne (Tunney) O'Neill and family

Dear Bob and family

Thank you for sharing so much of yourselves in the last months, weeks and days of Mary's journey. Your generosity allowed those that know your family updates on what was going on and a way to express empathy and support without feeling intrusive.
Know that we are thinking and praying for you all and extend our deepest sympathy on the loss of your Mary.

Love the O'Neill family


You and your family our in our prayers as your family begins the healing process.

God Bless,
Terry Higgins and Family

Janice Ledet

My mother was in good medical shape for her age of 71 but when she told me the symptoms (see below, she had all but one) she had been experiencing for the past two months I contacted her doctor. She was admitted in the hospital on July 20th and a CT scan found a tumor the size of a cantaloupe was found the next day. It was ovarian cancer. Surgery on Aug 3rd was not successful in removing the tumor. Four days later she developed heart problems. Then few days after that her kidneys failed. She had a few rounds of dialysis and decided on her 72nd birthday (Aug. 22nd) while still in the CCU she did not want to live this way plus the horrible pain she was experiencing. She made the decision to let God take her. I am the oldest of her six children. We all took turns along with our father staying with her around the clock until she died 5 days later on Aug. 27th. She was only in the hospital for 37 days.

north face jackets cheap

When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service? Thank you!

The comments to this entry are closed.